A theater performance will be held in May 2021! Ticket sales on Saturday, April 3, 2021
This time, one of the Tokyo Tokyo FESTIVAL Special 13 sponsored by Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture, Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture, the theater project "The Speed of Light" by Argentine theater / video artist Marco Canale. -”Performance has been postponed from May 2020, and will be held in May 2021.
Tickets will be on sale from 10:00 am on Saturday, April 3rd.
This project is a tour-type drama around the city of Tokyo with 13 performers aged 65 and over who live in Tokyo and gathered through open recruitment.
First, the personal history of the senior generation living in Tokyo will be talked about with a performance. Then, based on research in Tokyo, Marco Canale will perform a fiction story in which the past, present, and future worlds intersect.
It is a story created by directors with different cultures and histories who "see life together" through the creative process with the performers. It will be a performance where you can experience the one and only "Tokyo" that is studded with various fragments such as the history, culture and tradition from a bird's-eye view, and the memories and values of the individuals who live there.
In addition, along with the opening of the theater performance, the video work "Movie version" Speed of Light "" produced in parallel with the theater from 2019 will be free for a limited time from May 5, 2021 (Wednesday / holiday). It has been decided to deliver online.
In addition, a short video series "History that lives in Tokyo" (12 in total), in which performers who have lived in Tokyo talk about their personal history, will be released on the official website from mid-April.
May 5th (water, celebration) 14:00
May 8 (Sat) at 14:00
May 9th (Sun) 14:00
May 12 (water) 15:00
May 15 (Sat) 14:00
May 16th (Sun) 14:00
May 19 (water) 15:00
May 22 (Sat) 14:00
Tour time: 3 hours (planned)
Capacity: 40 people each time (planned)
Japanese performance (some English performances with Japanese interpreter)
1st point (meeting place): Around Sangenjaya Station (announced later on official website etc.)
2nd point (waypoint): Around Taishido, Setagaya-ku
3rd point (final point): Taishido Hachiman Shrine outdoor special stage
* It will be a tour-type play for a total of about 3 hours, including movement by foot.
* After gathering at the 1st point, the group will be divided into groups of about 10 to 15 people, and will move to the 2nd point (any of the 3 locations) under the guidance of the staff. At the third point, all groups will meet again.
* Light rain is carried out, stormy weather is canceled
● Ticket Price (Advance / Same Day):
25 years old or younger ¥ 2,000 * 1
College students and below ￥1,000＊1
Free for elementary school students and younger * 2
Person with a disability certificate ￥ 2,700 One accompanying person is free * 3
* 1 Present that you can confirm your age at the reception on the day
*2 Companion of the protector
* 3 Present the disability certificate at the reception on the day
* If you have a disability certificate, use a wheelchair or stroller, or need assistance in viewing, please contact the "Speed of Light" performance secretariat in advance.
* To prevent new coronavirus infections, please register the names, addresses, and contact information of all customers at the time of booking.
● Ticket sales:
Starts at 10:00 am on Saturday, April 3, 2021
● Ticket handling:
① Lawson Ticket
Lawson Ministop store Loppi (L code: 34454)
(The story to be performed at the 3rd point and the movie version "Speed of Light")
Chiyoko preceded her husband who was a Noh performer. Her husband's spirit told her that she wanted to prevent her son from trying to sell the Noh theater, to find a pine tree in the mountains and sprinkle her husband's ashes on it. At the same time, Chiyoko participates in a theater project in Tokyo where a foreign director creates with seniors.